Thursday, November 18, 2010

Basic Space



Wasn't too sure what to make the title so I just chose the song I was listening to (The xx - Basic Space), rather fitting considering what I'm about to write about. Bad thing is that I feel like somewhat of a douche for being so corny.

First day of work tomorrow and in just over 7 hours I'll be awake. It's definitely made so much sweeter better by the fact that I'll be working with who I came with. It will be hard, hot and tiring BUT. MONEY. MONEY. MONEY. One hours work at double time roughly equates to the price of a 10 day trans-Mongolian train ride? How can one deny such a thing?


I've had an extremely enjoyable time since I've been here, by far the most interesting. I've met many, many people - mostly Germans (who sport excellent drinking attitudes and some of the friendliest personalities ever btw). This Saturday it's all about the Goon Pong. Stoked.

I've had a few off moments where I've wanted to turn tail and go back to what I knew and what I was comfortable with. Slightly odd moving out of home and also to another country in the same step. However, I've now come to embrace it and realise just how damn awesome it really is. People, places, sights, and money for travel. It's all new and it's all pretty epic. I have also recently started to miss home, purely for the people who are back there. Who knows how it will be when I'm on the other side of the world, not just a few hours across the ditch.

They should all still be there when I return, I suppose it really is just something you eventually become accustomed to. I also really miss my dog. Shux.

Rather inconsistent blog coming to an end just about here, drunk Englishmen chanting in the road to end it off.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers